Afternoons with Mieke, Shane, and Sam – 12/04/18
Join Mieke Buchan, Shane McInnes, and Sam Stove for Afternoons here on Macquarie Sports Radio: 12/04/18:
- Boomers Veteran Brett Newley talks to Mieke, Shane and Sam about the Boomers chances for gold in the Commonwealth Games and the explosive growth of basketball with names like Ben Simmons and Joe Ingles tearing up the NBA.
- Eddie Ockenden is a member of our strong Kookaburra’s team and he joins Mieke, Shane, and Sam to talk about the campaign so far and how they feel about their match against England.
- Esther Qin and Georgia Sheehan are our gold winning divers winning it in the synchronised 3m springboard. They both joins Mieke, Shane, and Sam to show they don’t also talk in sync, that moment of winning gold and what was going through their minds.
- Sports writer for the Australian newspaper Brent Read bring his expertise and knowledge to the show to share his thoughts with Mieke, Shane, and Sam. After prospect that 6 NRL clubs have reportedly started to try lure Israel Folau back across the footy code to league.
- The mare Winx is doing things that are hard to believe. With the Queen Elizabeth Stakes this weekend at Royal Randwick Mieke, Shane, and Sam speak to one of Winx’s owners Peter Tighe.He joins to share his special insight and what he thinks can happen for the big race.
- NRL and Canterbury Bulldogs Legend Steve “Turvy” Mortimer joins Mieke, Shane, and Sam to give us his hot tips on the round of the NRL.
- Lord Sebastian Coe is a name synonymous with British athletics, the olympic gold medalist joins Mieke, Shane, and Sam to talk about the Athletics scene, sportsmanship, and the possibility of IAAF world championship possibly coming to the Gold Coast.
- Harlem Globetrotter Big Easy Loften joins Mieke, Shane, and Sam to talk about the pride in being the showman of the legendary team. He shares what you can expect at the shows and how the Globetrotters are always the home team.
- Ryan Cuskelly is a Aussie champion squash player and he joins Mieke, Shane, and Sam to talk about the squash scene, the chances in the Commonwealth Games and he also shares how squash players stop themselves from running into each other during play.