Afternoons with Mieke, Shane and Sam – 25/04/18
Join Mieke Buchan and Sam Stove for Afternoons here on Macquarie Sports Radio: 25/04/18:
- Afternoons co-host Shane McInnes joins to preview ANZAC day AFL clashes ahead of the classic rivalries.
- Paralympic Gold medalist Curtis McGrath joins to share his story and what ANZAC day means to you and being an ambassador for the Invictus Games this October in Sydney.
- Former Eels captain turned Fox League host Nathan Hindmarsh joins to tell his tale about walking the Kokoda Track.
- Beach Volleyball gold medalists Chris McHugh and Damien Schuman join in studio to talk about winning gold at the Commonwealth Games and how their partnership started very differently.
- Ed Wyatt breaks down the latest news in the NBA Playoffs as some Aussies are making their mark known.
- 2GB’s Mark Levy shares what the atmosphere is like as he joins straight from Allianz Stadium where the NRL ANZAC day clashes are.
- Tony Kendall is the Chairman for Arsenal Australia and he joins to share his thoughts after Arsene Wenger retires after 22 years as manager for the club.
- Chief Petty Officer Jason Harrington from HMAS Cairns shares his thoughts on the connection of sport and our servicemen and women this ANZAC Day after he participated in a charity rugby for Legacy.
- Associate Professor and orthopedic knee surgeon Christopher Vertullo joins to talk about the alarming figure that see ACL injuries up more than 70% among young Australians.
- Aaron Ellis is a director who covered the story of 1980’s boxing prodigy Porky Brooke’s who had his career cut short, he shares the story behind “Stolen Glory: The Porky Brooke’s Story”